Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Surprise!

Ok, so most of you should know I go back to school tomorrow. I'm slightly anxious because a lot of my classes are online. That way I can work and still go to school at the same time. So on Mondays and Wednesday you won't be able to reach me from 11am-1pm. I have a class that I can take while at work but I really need to keep my focus.  On Thursday nights I won't be able to talk because I will have a class then as well but that's actually requiring me to go to the campus.

I also have to more classes but they are on Podcast and I just have to have them finished by the end of the semester. So I will be working on a few things here and there while writing blogs and such. This is probably where the blogs will start to dwindle, however, I will strive to keep the same pace.

When I arrived home yesterday I had a small party waiting on me. My dad, my stepmom, my lovely stepsister/cousin, my other cousin and all my baby brothers were there. I was really excited because yesterday the two oldest of the baby brothers started school and I was happy to hear how their days went. John starts having after school practice today after school. I cannot believe he is in the 7th grade.

They all wanted to know how my first day back at work was and how Sunday night went going to the Target Takeover with the School. It is really nice having family that cares about you and is dying to know how even the little things go. I quickly made some snacks and fixed drinks. While I was gone they produced a big present. I was quickly pushed and coaxed into opening the box. Inside was something I had to laugh at to myself.
Vera Bradley
I had just bought a wristlet from her company on Sunday, but inside my present was a backpack that matched the wristlet I had bought yesterday. The outside is black and white flowers with a red background. The inside is black and white houndstooth. I'm sure I'll post pictures soon but for now here you go:

However, that was not all as I quickly told by my 2-almost-3 year old brother who popped my hand and told me to "ook or!" (Look more! for those of you who don't speak toddler talk.) I smiled at my stepsister, Viv, who I'm sure I'll be discussing more now that she has moved from Paris, France to Huntsville, Alabama for good. I know she had something to do with the next thing I seen.

If you kept up with my Summer Bucket list you know one of my things was to get a personalized planner from Erin Condren. I did get that but they had gotten me a personalized iPad folio. Which is similar to a cover for it but it also folds certain ways so I can do more with my iPad. 
designer ipad folios -favorite things
This matches my planner and Viv was very sneaky about how she got what my favorite 50 things were for the design. But once again I was told to keep digging in the big TV box. (Which hopefully means dad got a new tv. He desperately needed one.) There were many more gifts. I'll just list them below. 


Dry Erase Collegiate Calendar
Now the reason I got these things was something I wanted to know. I was stunned, shocked, and overwhelmed. I asked daddy why. He didn't respond instead my stepmom answered. "Because you deserve it." The woman that for over six years and more I had despised, and was the reason I had to ask forgiveness so many times, was complimenting me. She told me I had worked hard to get to where I am today and that I deserved a little pampering. I hugged her and for the first time ever I think we both felt like it was a real hug.

We all talked for a while. They left because they were all going out to dinner. They offered to me and everyone staying at my house if we would like to join and we declined. I just sat there in awe with my youngest baby brother Jackjack who was playing with Abby. I sent my stepmom an email and I think now we might have realized what we have been missing out on all these years.

No comments: