Friday, August 24, 2012

And It Burns, Burns



At a young age I knew I wanted to be saved. One of the many reasons was I was scared. My dad was a huge brimestone and fire preacher. For some reason people are amazed that he preach in Paris. It scared me so bad that for thinking bad thoughts that I was going to go to hell. I went to him for some resources in this post and I got to thinking about his old sermons about hell and I asked him for the verses.

If you accept God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit this is what you avoid (and it scared me to death):
"...into the darkness where people will cry and grind their teeth with pain" - Matthew 25:30
"The ropes of death wrapped around me. The traps of death were before me." - 2 Samuel 22:6 
"But cowards, those who refuse to believe, who do evil things, who kill, who sin sexually, who do evil magic, who worship idols, and who tell lies—all these will have a place in the lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.'" - Revelations 21:8 (That one was a favorite of dad's)
"In hell ... the fire is never put out." - Mark 9:44 
"Then it opened up the hole that leads to the bottomless pit, and smoke came up from the hole like smoke from a big furnace. Then the sun and sky became dark because of the smoke from the hole." - Revelations 9:2

I'm sorry but a place where you feel like you are being put through a constant pain and it's hotter than any fire here on Earth? I can't say I even want to think about it. People don't realize that if you do go to hell then you are forced to feel the pain of everything you did in your life. Our church does a Judgement Trail instead of a Judgement House. Our main hell moment is Lazarus and the rich man from Luke:
Jesus said, "There was a rich man who always dressed in the finest clothes and lived in luxury every day. And a very poor man named Lazarus, whose body was covered with sores, was laid at the rich man's gate. He wanted to eat only the small pieces of food that fell from the rich man's table. And the dogs would come and lick his sores. Later, Lazarus died, and the angels carried him to the arms of Abraham. The rich man died, too, and was buried. In the place of the dead, he was in much pain. The rich man saw Abraham far away with Lazarus at his side. He called, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me! Send Lazarus to dip his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am suffering in this fire!' - Luke 16: 19-24
I think people need to learn that it truly believing and doing God's will keep you from feeling the anguish and suffering. Reason being that once your in Hell there is no way back. Daddy showed me some points that fellow pastors and priests have said which are very true.
Oh man or woman, boy or girl without Christ, if only you would realize how dangerously close you are to hell. With each second that passes by, you are drawing nearer and nearer to hell. Actually this night your soul may be required of you and will pass into an eternity of the fires of hell that are never quenched!
As a woman is about to give birth to a child, many go through painful labor that can last from a few minutes to a few days. But through this painful anguishing time, there is hope that when the child is born this terrible labor pain will subside. Just imagine if you can if that pain was multiplied many times over and you would never have hope of it ever going away forever? You would do anything to die to get rid of the pain, but it would always remain and continue forever and ever and ever.
The last one is the point I try to make to everyone realize certain facts. No matter how bad you you have felt on earth it will be multiplied times 1000s. No matter what sin you refuse to ask forgiveness for whether it be lying, unforgiving, homosexuality, theft, murder, whatever; you will end up there if you don't ask God's forgiveness and do what is says in the Bible.

Writing this post affects me because if you are reading this and you haven't been saved. Please do so. People go through pain everyday no matter what. A lifetime of pain times 1000s with no end, ever? I don't wish that on anybody no matter how mad I am at them. The following is the prayer that you can read to join the rest of the Christian family:
"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.
I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.
I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ."
Amen.
If you prayed that pray welcome to the Christian family. You are on a wonderful walk with the Lord. A journey toward the best eternity ever! I pray for you not even knowing your name or who you might be. If you want me to pray for you with a name or you have prayer concerns with someone you know do not not hesitate to email me. Just click the owl below to email me.

No comments: