Saturday, July 14, 2012

For Longer than Forever

Hey everyone, I know I am normally really strict about sticking to my blog schedule. I have never posted out of content until now. I personally think it a good reason.

Tonight would classify as one of the best nights of my life. There were no was no date, no proposal, no people living even though there was a terrible disease; there was a miracle though.

I was introduced to Chris 3 years ago and two months (wow has it really just been two months?) I ran into him at Jimmy John's. That night he wasn't the cocky, strong, and self-centered man everyone said he was. He was vulnerable and was shaken. He kept saying that night that he didn't know how his life had gotten so off track. (If you want to read the rest please read Charmed.)

Tonight, I watch the same man rededicate his life to Christ in front of hundreds of people. I have heard several people saying he is doing this just to get me. If I led him to Christ then what kind of higher honor is there? If is heart felt like he couldn't be with me other wise? That man now wears a purity ring after realizing that he wants to be pure.

I do not know many men or women who could so easily to give up that habit for someone they are dating. Chris did and as he said tonight in front of hundreds of people during his testimony. That's only lust. He quoted the love chapter, literally quoted it.

I may speak in different languages of people or even angels. But if I do not have love, I am only a noisy bell or a crashing cymbal.  I may have the gift of prophecy. I may understand all the secret things of God and have all knowledge, and I may have faith so great I can move mountains. But even with all these things, if I do not have love, then I am nothing. I may give away everything I have, and I may even give my body as an offering to be burned. But I gain nothing if I do not have love.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud. Love is not rude, is not selfish, and does not get upset with others. Love does not count up wrongs that have been done. Love takes no pleasure in evil but rejoices over the truth. Love patiently accepts all things. It always trusts, always hopes, and always endures.
 Love never ends. There are gifts of prophecy, but they will be ended. There are gifts of speaking in different languages, but those gifts will stop. There is the gift of knowledge, but it will come to an end. The reason is that our knowledge and our ability to prophesy are not perfect. But when perfection comes, the things that are not perfect will end. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I stopped those childish ways. It is the same with us. Now we see a dim reflection, as if we were looking into a mirror, but then we shall see clearly. Now I know only a part, but then I will know fully, as God has known me. So these three things continue forever: faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love. - 1 Corinthians 13

I am so proud of Chris. He stood before so many people he didn't know (and many he did know for a lot of his family came to see him) and gave his testimony and was baptized. I watched part of the time through my own tears. I no longer see a man searching, I see one that has found his belonging. 


I see a man that I can no longer deny that I love him. I do love him. As long as God sees me fit to be by his side I will be. He brings out the best in me and I'm pretty sure I bring out the best in him. Enjoy the upcoming week everyone. 



No comments: