Friday, November 2, 2012

What It Is, It isn't

I know I had said this week would be about zombies, but that is not going to take a place. What today's subject is about is something that has been bothering me for two years now. Churches that are selfish and clueless.

But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast and be false to the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there will be disorder and every vile practice. James 3:14-16

My concerns started April 2011 because the tornadoes that swept Alabama had left destruction in Tuscaloosa. A church in a community that had been hit there as well was more concerned about fixing up their own building than helping in the community. I would understand if they major structural damage, but they didn't. They had minor damages compared to people who had lost their own homes.
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.
Philippians 2:3 
These people also don't look at God patterns. Any person who knows God should realize that God does punish people. Yeah he is a loving God, but like any Father he punishes to help learn. Notice where major natural disasters hit? You can't tell me that by coincident. God doesn't change. If that was the case then why bother God stays the same. It says clearly in Numbers that God doesn't change.

If that is the case then yes God does punish people for their sins. God has a fury. I believe he still destroys cities before that do nothing but sin. I find it odd that San Francisco gets Earthquakes, New York has not only got hit with the hurricane but not long ago was hit by tornadoes, New Orleans and Miami gets hit by hurricanes. I am not neglecting Alabama. The tornadoes that hit Alabama hit some places that weren't known to be considered great neighborhoods. People who fail to see this are ignorant of what God really is. He isn't Santa. God has a fury.

I'm tired of churches being a place for people gain status and money. I'm sorry, but I was just disgusted with this church because they had a special convention coming up and yet they spent thousands of dollars on their building for this convention making sure they "fitted" in with other churches. I'm sorry I was so mad. That is not what a church is about. If your building is falling apart and you are still hands on helping the community people will take more notice than if you have big fancy building where people don't feel like they belong.

This is where the zombie part kind of comes in. Don't be a part of a church that thinks that every person that comes in their doors has to be saved already. Be a part of a church that welcomes sinners in and help them like Jesus did! That's what you are suppose to do. Don't judge those poor people for what they wear to begin with the first times. It irritates me about this church because so many people think they have to be in charge and not let people who come into their church head things up. If you don't let change happen then no your church will not move with people either.

This subject has been on my mind like I said since last April. I hate thinking about these kinds of churches because it gives the rest of the churches a bad name. And I don't want to sound smug. But a church just started in the same area. On a weekly basis the new church has over 50 people and just started in September and the other church does good to get 30 MEMBERS in their church. It shows you who gets out and cares about God's people.