Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chris' Meatloaf


I love comfort food. Thank goodness I found a man that can not only cook, but also can make food that helps cheer a girl up. His specialty is Italian food. However, one thing that he makes stands out above the rest. It is the best meatloaf I have ever had in my life.



There is only one meatloaf that comes close and it was at Disney World. However, they made theirs with gravy which was okay.  Chris makes his with this amazing glaze. He made it last night and it was delicious even today for lunch! I love it and I asked for it at least once every two weeks.

Below is his recipe that he uses and the index card that he has it wrote on is so worn out that I had a slight difficulty reading, but he helped me:

2 lb. ground beef
2 large eggs beaten
1 package meatloaf seasoning
1 box of Stove Top stuffing©
(Optional) 1 small can of Italian tomato sauce
Mix together and put into a dish that has been sprayed with cooking sprayed. Bake 45 minutes on 350⁰.

Mix ketchup and brown sugar for glaze (there is really no measurement for this just mix until it makes enough glaze to cover how much  of the meatloaf.)

About 15 minutes before done put the glaze on top and then finish baking.


No comments: