Thursday, November 1, 2012

All Saints' Day and Remembrance

I hope everyone's Halloween was fun and safe! I know some people don't celebrate Halloween for certain reasons and I actually had a few people say that they couldn't believe I did. I'm sorry, but it's not like I have the Pagan symbol walking around. I used last night to share the news about Christ. Oriental Trading had amazing Jesus and Halloween goodies, like this HERE. They had tattoos and eraser as well. We had a blast. Our church did several hay rides through the city taking us all over the place.

Chris' stepmom, Lisa, came and had dressed up her twins Carisle and Carlee. To be Baby Mario and Baby Luigi. Timmy (Chris's baby brother) had dressed up his baby boy to be Baby Luigi. So it was awesome! I really enjoyed the whole thing with the church.

However, I realize not everyone's Halloween was as good. I know for a lot of people it was one of the worst days of their lives. People this week have really made me less than nice and calm because they are complaining about things that can easily be fixed or are really selfish. There are people that were in the hospital that are having to be moved frantically. People without power. Or worse people that had their homes ripped from them in the massive fire. Everything they had built on put money into have a life.


It irks me so bad. I donate not only money, but my time as well. I plan on stuffing shoe boxes while traveling to Baton Rouge tomorrow. I love watching the videos of those children opening up their shoe boxes. They are so excited for toys and small gifts that fit inside a shoebox. A shoebox... No dollhouse, no remote control car, no Xbox, no PS3. Simple toys out of a dollar bin and these  children think that they are living it up. It warms my heart to know that something so simple can put a smile on a child's face. 

Those poor people in New York and surrounding areas that are flooded by waters. It irks me that nowhere in New York City barely has power except Wall Street. And businesses will be next after that because that's how the government ranks importance. Businesses get opened first because they can supply people and help the money transaction keep going and help people get back to work and making money.


I sent the above image to a friend of mine. She wanted to be knocked with reality on how to appreciate things. I'll admit that another friend of mine sent it to me. Claudette's husband is deployed at the moment. She doesn't know his location or if he is safe. She is 26 weeks pregnant with triplets. Christian was barely with when she found she pregnant and he was ripped away from her. However, she doesn't dwell on it. Her sister said she has kept a very active life up. She has talked to me on occasion that she knew it came with Christian. He was doing what he loved and that was following in his family's footstep in the military. She doesn't complain. She gets to Skype him every two weeks. Nothing in between besides a few letters. She said that the above image is posted as her phone background. She said that she doesn't wish for Christian to be with her because he is where he needs to be and that her wishing he was there only hurts him. She said she is just grateful to know that she has a husband that loves her and his country.

I have been so proud of her. She had a few rocky spots but she climbed over them. She said it had nothing to do with the babies that kept her mind off of things. She said it was her urge to show Christian she was just as strong as him. It made me laugh. It sounded like me. She has been volunteering at the soup kitchen. She said that helping others really helps her. I couldn't have agreed with her more.

So take a minute and remember the people that are dealing with losing everything, losing their loved ones, and the military that is out there helping people around the world. 


No comments: