Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ring, Wedding, and Maybe A Baby

So last night was a major step for me. A whole month of going steady with a guy. One my dad approves of to be in my life. That's a major thing for me. We had our first nothing extremely special dates, though I did send him on a scavenger hunt across North Alabama to where he found a new iPad cover.

We made our Disney reservations and let me just say I plan on living at Disney's Hollywood Studios..... Vintage, vintage, vintage!!!! We are eating at every sit down restaurant in that park! He doesn't mind and neither do I. We are eating Liberty Tree, Tony's, Rain Forest Cafe, Tusker's House, Cinderella's Castle, and several other because we have the premium dining plan. Two sit-down meals, 1 counter service, and 2 snacks and of course the refillable mug... I have a feeling we will be stocking up on some food to take home with us from counter services at the hotels but that's fine and dandy I can bring Disney home with me!

So we got the reservations finished (including all of them we are celebrating Chris's birthday) and we are all set for Disney. That is what we accomplished to at the beginning of our date. The next part was where we got serious.

My heart has been aching for God to give me someone like him that doesn't push me into things that doesn't conform  my beliefs. One thing held me back from really getting to know him. How strong is his beliefs? We were sitting in the park, camped out on a quilt, and I finally asked, "Where do you stand on your faith for God?" My voice shook, but I held eye contact. His response made me cry. "I am a sinner, but I believe. Thought, I am just beginning I want it to be like yours." That was all I needed. We sat there while I wrote out the morals and virtues that we both agreed we wanted to keep. We prayed together.

I have people badgering (sorry but its true) to give them details on last night. I still won't. No we did not conform to society's beliefs. We had a relationship night. Things were said that you could tell were raw and had barely been spoken about. I keep praying to God to give me a sign if he isn't the right one, let me know now. Now that sign hasn't come, but that also doesn't mean God doesn't want me to learn from getting hurt by him. I know, 'Gracious! Such negativity!' but its how I view things. "Pray for the best but prepare for the worst."

After we talked for a long time about our faith and our past and what had shaken our faith. I simply told him that I wanted our relationship to grow. No take it to the next level. No jump the gun. Grow. Therefor we created a bucket list to do together. I may or may not add this to my Bucket List Page. These are things we want to do before/if we get married.


  • Go to the book store and find books for each other.
  • Make a printed copy of our relationship web with God in the center
  • Give each other pedicures (hilarious).
  • Talk about our baggage, sort it out, and give it to God together
  • Spend a lot of time with our family and friends, together
  • Sit outside at a park and sketch each other.
  • Have a picnic in the dark (this can be done in the backyard).
  • Build a Lego house.
  • Put a 1,000 piece puzzle together.
  • Draw our dream house together.
  • Go to a Karaoke club.
  • Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
  • Visit Venice, Italy
  • Stay up all night talking
  • Kiss on Top of a Ferris Wheel
  • Write love letters
  • Cook Dinner together
  • Dance to Christmas music.
  • Spend a day at the Children's Hospital.
  • Visit the Holy Lands
  • Take a cruise 
  • Act out scenes from Shapespeare's plays and not Romeo and Juliet
  • Take wardrobe inventory together
  • Talk about cleaning the house
  • Discuss what we hope will happen when we get older
  • Share odd living habits
  • Go to a table etiquitte lesson
  • Get church counseling for couples
  • Go on a houseboat trip
  • Take a train some where
  • Go scuba diving
  • Run a marathon together
  • See Christmas in New York
  • Skydive together
  • Travel Route 66
  • Make more budget lists and personal ones as well
We probably would have had more, but we got on other serious topics again. I personally just have a lot to think about at this point. So much to pray about and to ease my tension. I want to talk to a few friends about what happened tonight. Just make sure that this is what I am suppose to be seeing.

No comments: