Saturday, June 2, 2012

117 days....

... and counting until I am on a plane headed towards Orlando, Florida! Where I will experience the magic of sweating to death at earliest morning hours. No joke. My family and close friends are Walt Disney World bound come September 26! We have a ton of things planned for that trip of almost two weeks! I am staying with Erica (one of my friends) and her fiance and their two kids at Bay Lake Tower (BLT) 3 bedroom villa. Its going to be just breath taking from the photos I've seen.

Via LiftHill

You got it! This girl will have the view of the fireworks in Magic Kingdom! Matthew and Erica have paid extra to stay on that side of the hotel. And we can literally walk to the Magic Kingdom! The Magic Kingdom at that time will be decorated for Halloween which will be gorgeous I'm sure.

Keeping with that theme most our family and friends will be participating in The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend. We will arrive Thursday night and spend the night in Downtown Disney and retire to BLT. Beginning the next day we will start out at a breakfast at our connecting hotel the Contemporary Chef Mickey's! We have the fitness expo from 12 pm - 8 pm ESPN World Wide Sports Complex. 

The next day is where begins to get crazy! Lol but if you've had a Disney Vacation before then you know there is no time to just sit down and enjoy things except at peak times for everyone else! I believe that's why Disney Vacations work so well for most families because you have no time to get mad and you ALWAYS must take a break during the day, no matter if your party is full adults.

Our Saturday schedule looks like this:

Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run
Saturday, September 29, 2012
7:30 a.m.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
runDisney Kids' Races
Saturday, September 29, 2012
9:00 a.m.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Track & Field Complex
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler
Saturday, September 29, 2012
10:00 p.m.
Start/Finish: Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney Villains Hollywood Bash
September 29, 10:30 p.m. – September 30, 2012, 4:00 a.m.
Disney's Hollywood Studios


Click Here to see the route of the race!

Most of you are wondering why a person would want to run at Disney when you have all that walking left the rest of your vacation? 1) Its fun. 2) The extras. Yes you have to pay but there are amazing souvenirs you can only get if you run the race. 3) Everyone gets a medal. And this one glows in the dark!
Via Running At Disney

So we will be retiring to bed for most the day of Sunday. However, we will be in Magic Kingdom @ 4PM because the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party will be taking place! Its exclusive to people who pay extra for those who are willing to pay to get into MNSSHP. 

Let me explain what MNSSHP is. Yes you get to dress up (even if you are an adult) and go trick-or-treating (YES adults too!). There are special dance parties at certain locations. Characters you normally don't see during normal hours of the park. And of course the Halloween parade and special Halloween fireworks! The park will be decorated September 1 - November 2 for Halloween. But there are special things for the nights selected for MNSSHP so its an added bonus for us! For instance the Haunted Mansion has added ghosts...



The rest of the week has been planned out. Chris will be celebrating his birthday the entire time we are down there  as will be Bre, Ridge, and Molly. Disney lets your celebrate your birthday 6 months before your birthday and 6 months after your birthday. However, Chris, Bre, Ridge, and Molly actually have birthdays while we are down there but they get a cupcake at every sit down meal that we have reservations for at that time! Its a wonderful thing at Disney! I am looking forward to seeing how Disney celebrates birthdays. I know you get to wear a special pin but there are other magical things I have heard about from different people.

We do have an off day while we are there. This is where my families and friends are not spending the day in the parks, but have the option to go do whatever, or do nothing at all. My happy self and a few others are heading to the Universal Studios - Island of Adventure! Which to me is my happiest place on Earth because there is where I can smell butterbeer, ride dueling dragons, fly on a broom, and purchase You-No-Poo! That's right on my day away from the "World" I will be visiting another world! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! So excited to be going back there.  When I finish doing everything there (I always do) I plan on playing in Dr. Seuss land and then going to comic book land. 

WWoHP Theme Park Fan Site


So I have a to-do list that will go with this post but that's for next week at some point. I will say Thursday. 

No comments: