Friday, June 22, 2012

Pain

I still have questions from the last religious post, To Charlolette and Many Others.. Ironically its the same subject that I was trying to convey in the last one. So this time I am going to make it a little clearer.

Do I still hurt? Yes. I have to deal with her death, my own mother giving birth to me, my uncle, and so much heartache over the years. Why do I still praise and worship a God that has put me through so much? Because he has always shown me that there is greater things through the pain. I never look at pain and suffering the same as way as other because I call on Him and ask him "What do you want me to learn from this?"

I am going to use this metaphor because I have so many friends and family in this situation; Pregnancy and labor. You body changes in way you didn't know it could and it seems like a dark dull cloud is upon. You are hurting, expanding, sick, and wild emotions are playing through your head. That's very similar to how your faith is tested. It hurts (grief), expanding (getting mad), sick (well sickness) and wild emotions (crazy choices). Then the giving birth (all of those things on top of one another) your body is just ready to shove everything out of you and then you see the little one that looks like you.
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." - Psalm 34:18
Now many people can say wait there could be something wrong with the baby or the mother. Oh I'm getting there.  Something wrong with the baby? Salvation and being like Christ is never easy. The baby could have a syndrome or disease. Therefore, learn to be like Christ and   The mother having complications is people not wanting to give up their old lives the sin that they carried around.
"Give all your worries to him, because he cares about you." - 1 Peter 5:7
 "Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner." - 1 Peter 4:12-13
If you ever get the chance to take flowers to someone you know in the hospital or the nursing home while you are having a letdown experience. I guarantee you that you won't be thinking about your problem and you get to see the look of awe and love in their eyes. I learned that from a good friend of mine that I have talked about before on here.

Genevieve learned this technique a long time ago. Both of her parents were murdered at different times, and her husband was killed in Iraq only after being married to him for 6 month and she was pregnant with his child. Yet she is not on depression medicine nor does she hate anyone. Her faith is a lot stronger than mine. She speaks freely about her situations and how she handles things. She does not push sadness and grief away she learns why she is feeling like that and understands its normal. She takes those moments to remember God left her on this Earth to do what He wants her to do. She never questions it.
"'I will bring back your health and heal your injuries,' says the Lord..." - Jeremiah 30:17
"Without suffering there would be no compassion." Jamie Sullivan from A Walk To Remember. Everyone is so happy when the suffering isn't going on for them. Or so we think. Everyone suffers everyday. Its how you handle it that makes a different. I realize its just a movie but Landon Carter didn't realize Jamie was suffering as he retorted back, "Yeah, well tell that to those who suffer." You never know what someone is dealing with. I have to remind myself of that every time I deal with a huffy person during a sales. Remind myself that when a child is acting up in class. 


Pain of ourselves and others can be prayed upon and helped:

  1. Pay those in pain attention. Don't hover over them just keep them in your prayers. Tell them that you are there to listen whenever. People want space if they don't they will tell you.
    Same goes for the pain that you experience. Ignoring your own pain is stupid, its not going to go away by ignoring it. Ask God to help you come to peace with it. 
  2. Pray that God will take the pain away. This works for both your pain and others. 
  3. If extremely serious seek a counselor or medical professional help if the constantly stays. Though pain of some situations takes a little time to go away on its own. 
  4. Ask God for the lesson you or the person is suppose to learn from the pain. Pain healed helps you learn a lot about yourself. 
  5. Act on any lessons learned or help the person act on any lessons learned.
I've seen this happen. I've had it happen to me. 
My cousin once asked me, "What happens if all what you believe isn't real?" I just looked up at her and replied, "Better question, What happens if all of it is real and I don't believe it?" The most reprinted book and the best selling book of all time is my manual to Life. 

No comments: