Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Always Aware...

Yes it's breast cancer month.... The National Football League is covered in pink on Sunday and Monday nights during this month including the refs whistles. So I'm putting a pink ribbon here:


There is my awareness for breast cancer. No I'm not being rude about it, but Breast cancer overpowers the rest of the cancers not to mention there are other things to be aware of this month. I have had a friend who suffered breast cancer so I know it's important. Here are some other causes to be aware of in October:

Pregnancy Loss and Infant Loss Awareness Month
Clergy Appreciation Month
National Arts & Humanities Month
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
National Cyber Security Awareness Month
National Bullying Prevention Month

There are others but this is just to realize that there are more. For instance Autism, Homelessness, and Down Syndrome are suppose to be brought aware during the month of October.



I think people need to realize that yes Breast Cancer is important but so are other cancers and other causes. I loved South Carolina. 1) They almost had LSU beaten and still gave them a run for their money. 2) They had uniforms that was dedication for the Fallen Soldiers instead of Breast Cancer Awareness. 3) I love their coach when he throws his visor because back when he used to coach Florida everyone learned his ways so you just know that visor is about to be thrown.

Side note: I'm working on the holiday blogs for you. We are going to be looking at Advent toward the end of November where you light candles in a wreath. But before that is Halloween with Vampire and Zombie weeks. :) 

No comments: