Friday, September 28, 2012

When I'm am Weak I'm Strong

There will be no interview today. I have the interviews done however, I feel like I should give them my full attention and that's not really where I am at the moment. I have a lot going on.

People forget that God is around you no matter what. I am even guilty of that. Sometimes I'm reminded of it in a sweet way and in other ways I'm knocked on my knees and I'm praying he forgives me for not giving him praise when I should be.

For me God is amazing. He is bigger than my midterms I have to face when I get back from vacation. He is bigger than my budgeting for Christmas presents. He is bigger than forgetting to turn in a homework assignment. I love that no matter how many bad things I face God has so much bigger and better things planned for me.

I look at people depressed because something didn't go their way or the way they had planned it. I am all about my grades, but I don't skip church to study. I know some of you are mumbling about missing church to go to Disney World. Hold your horses. Regardless I always do a devotion EVERY DAY and I listen to Pete Wilson on Sundays when I am unable to attend.

2 Corinthians 12:10 - For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong
.

That Bible verse gets me through a lot of people telling me I should be depressed or them talking about how depressed they are because I can't stand being depressed. I physically get sick. I think it is a key connection between my state of mind and my health. 

I know this is short but it has been weighing on my mind. 




No comments: