Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lonely, Sad, Hurt, or Depressed?

Have you ever felt like nothing is going your way? Feeling like nobody would even notice if you were gone? It is not true. Somewhere you are changing someone's life. You may feel like a hindrance but you aren't. When you feel like you can't go on. Tell someone, anyone. If your best friend won't talk to you, parents, or teachers you can email me. I will listen to you. Everyone has a purpose in life.

I have had a friend take their own life. We sat beside each other in high school for most of it because her last name started with an M as well. She wasn't a best friend, but we would casually talk. She asked me one day about how did I like work. We talked for a while. Two days later she didn't show up for school.

I guess what upset me the most was counselors kept asking who her best friend was or if anyone had talked to her in the past week or days. I felt horrible because I was the only one to come forward. Her lonely grandmother asked me what we had talked about. I told her that she had simply asked about my job. Her grandmother burst into tears. "She wanted to help me. She really did care."

I know a lot of advocates and other people think that it's all up to the person that takes their own life. I'm here to tell you it's not. So many people are pounded with the fact that they aren't meeting someone standards. You have to realize that no they are not dealing with the same things as you but they are dealing with their own problems and conflicts.

I try my hardest to be as friendly as possible to people, even if on the inside I want to rip my hair out and my eyes go black as night just so they leave me alone. There are few rare cases where people just try my patience and kindness. I end up ignoring those people and not caring what goes on in their lives. I would care if they died, but that's about it. Should I feel this way? No but I am working on it.

Even while I was writing this blog a friend of mine was faced with a friend wanting to commit suicide. It is always difficult being faced with that. What if you say the wrong thing? What if they do it anyhow and the last words said to them were the words you spoke to them? It's a very unnerving thought.

Every 15 minutes someone takes their life. Spend 1 minute learning the warning signs and learn how to prevent suicide.

Suicide Warning Signs:
  • Talking about wanting to die or to kill themselves.
  • Looking for a way to kill themselves, such as searching online
  • Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live
  • Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
  • Talking about being a burden to others
  • Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs
  • Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly
  • Sleeping too little or too much
  • Withdrawing or isolating themselves
  • Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge
  • Displaying extreme mood swings

Please help out someone you know and let's everyone have a second chance at life and living!
If you a person thinking of committing suicide and you found my blog please reconsider.I don't know you personally but I would like to help you please email me. Also please call the hotline for help that is confidential. 






1 comment:

Just.A.Girl.Tryin said...

Hi! Im sad to see you don't have any comments yet. I enjoyed reading your post. I find solitude in knowing that there are other people like me out there. I have never dealt specifically with what you have been through, but I did have a friend growing up(He was friends with my best friend, so I only saw him when the three of us hung out) but years later he comitted suicide. I was 2 years older than him and my old best friend, so we lost touch, but I felt like I wish I could have seen the signs, or stayed in better touch. But we have to realize that sometimes it is beyond our control. Keep living the wonderful life you are and continue being kind!

I am new to the blogging world but I think you would enjoy mine! Ive included some awesome website links on it that you might like!
http://justagirltryin.blogspot.com/