Friday, May 16, 2014

Always

When I first started blogging I wrote a post about my future engagement. It's interesting to know that almost two years ago I didn't want Chris to propose to me. I was content with him just loving and I believe that's how it should be.

Finding love at a Jimmy John's will and always be crazy to me. Yes I had met Chris before but alone and speaking to him not out of being polite was life changing. What if I had decided to eat at Subway or Quiznos? What if he hadn't been upset about his just ended relationship ended with his ex being pregnant by his brother? What if I had went to a different Jimmy John's location? What if I had been determined to return to Jeremy? What if I had turned Chris down from shyness? But the fact remains God put us there and it wasn't by some crazy meet up website or dating website. This was God's plan all along.

We were strangers, starting out on a journey
Never dreaming, what we'd have to go through
Now here we are, I'm suddenly standing
At the beginning with you

We started out on a courting relationship. It was beautiful we had the best times. Even on May 24, 2012 when he gave me my first kiss of my life from a guy I knew Chris was special. We let God lead the way but you all know our story if you have been reading my blog for the past two years. We were completely crazy about each other but we kept the Lord at the center. We prayed together all the time, and nothing has changed at all. I mean how many times does a guy take a girl clear across the world to see a group that she loves last concert before they disband? How many guys find the grandparents she hasn't seen since she was 4 years old?

No one told me I was going to find you
Unexpected, what you did to my heart
When I lost hope, you were there to remind me
This is the start

Then Chris moved to Huntsville himself to live closer to me. Then Jackjack came into the picture and we settled into a relationship of quick kisses, diapers, playing, and taking Jackjack to one house one night and the other house the next night. Jackjack is my half baby brother in reality. My stepmom died and my dad was in no condition to take care of him. So we became parents and took those ropes easily. A small little family.

You're the answer when I prayed
I would find someone
And baby I found you

Then December came for us... We were at Chris's brother's wedding at Disney and Chris says he would like to make an announcement in the middle of our solo dance. I was figuring it was a speech to the couple like normal people do at weddings. Key word: normal, and Chris just isn't that. He told everyone he wanted to tell me something specifically. He proposed right then and there in front of all of Erica's wedding guests (so much for a small quiet engagement right?) The moment he slide my great grandmother's ring on my finger I just cried and cried. We danced and danced that night. I think I could have danced forever that night.

All I want is to hold you forever
All I need is you more every day
You saved my heart
From being broken apart
You gave your love away
I can't find the words to say
That I'm thankful everyday
For the gift

Dancing... This word means the world to Chris and myself. We love to dance. I have come to the conclusion I will never have thin thighs because I have muscle things between regular dancing and pole dancing. But Chris says they are amazing. Dancing to us is the movement of love. We have the sexy wild dancing for releasing energy and anxiety. Our slow dancing can either help us when we are sad or when we are in a romantic mood.

Our lives continued as an engaged couple into the year 2013. We discovered Jackjack's cancer had returned. Being back at St. Jude's was difficult because I wasn't going through those doors as his sister but his mommy. But like his Daddy Chrissy he showed cancer who was boss and my little man is strong as his daddy.

Chris and I did have the wonderful amazing opportunity to travel to Israel together. If there is anything that makes you feel like you are a couple meant to be it's when you touch the bottom of where the cross was together. I felt like this strong force was holding me there and the urge to grab Chris's hand took over me and what's amazing? He was already holding his hand out. We prayed there together.

There's a laugh in my eyes 
There's a waltz in my walk 
And it's been such a long time 
Since there was hope in my talk 
If you never knew 
What it is that's new.. it's you
And now,

We are married. Our big wedding hasn't happened and Lord no I am not pregnant. Chris decided that after someone told him that girls were still thinking they could move in on him that he wanted to show the world who had his heart. He scared the daylights out of me before he told me he was getting us married at midnight. Our wedding date is May 14, 2014. It's a beautiful day. We got married on the same ground and same spot as our first date two years ago.

'Cause when your hands are in mine 
You set a fire that everyone can see 
And it's burning away 
Every bad memory 
To tell you the truth 
If it's something new.. baby it's you

My grandmother from Paris laced up my dress. Lisa (Chris's stepmom ) placed my diamond necklace on me. Mary Ann did my make-up and Hunter did my hair. My daddy being the weirdo that he is insisted  that he was going to put on my garter. And my grandpaw helped me slide on my shoes. My veil was fastened on by Mrs. Greene who helped Chris's mom raise him because she was his neighbor. My daddy drove me and my grandparents.

The world's a different place 
Where nothing's too hard to say 
And nothing's to hard to do 
Never too much to go through 
To tell you the truth 
Everything that's new.. baby it's you

My bouquet was the most gorgeous bunch of white and red lilies. And I felt so gorgeous when I stepped out of that car and my daddy slide my arm through his and told me that he was so proud of me and that my mom would have been proud of me too. He had not spoke of my mother without me bringing it up since I was eight years old so I instantly was ready to cry anyhow and then we walked further and everything came alive at once. Candles where hanging in the sky and in the trees.

So if I get to grow old (oh if I get to grow old) 
With many years behind me (many years behind me) 
There's only one thing I want (aahh) 
One thing I need beside me 
For all that you are 
For everything you do 
For all that you've done 
Just for showing me the truth 
It's you 
It's you 
Baby it's you

Dani was my bridesmaid, Chris's littlest sister. All four of my older brothers where beside Chris and each one of them their lapels were sporting a different Hogwarts house color. I started crying when Jackjack walked in front of me and went running to Chris, who scooped him up and handed him over to my brother Jared.

When it was my turn to walk towards Chris the music that bellowed from the speakers was that of Patrick Doyle's Magic Works. I started crying thinking about the date two years ago dancing in my living room (before we started taking lessons). I felt my daddy start to tremble as he walked me to Chris and when Daddy lifted my veil I kissed him and thanked him for raising me and my poor daddy lost it. He started crying so hard. "My only baby girl." And when Wayne, our minister, asked who was giving me away. My daddy barely whispered, "Her mother and I do." I was bawling. 

We both slid off our True Love Waits rings and placed them a long white candle as Christina Perri's A Thousand Years started playing which was the first song we danced to in the same spot two years ago. This is to burn the night we make love for the first time. Even though Chris isn't a true virgin he is a secondary virgin. We both had soil from our childhood yards and we planted a small bush together. We tied a knot in a rope.

We both had wrote our own vows ages ago and sadly being the perfectionists we are we both had our memorized or well enough to not look at the notes we were able to look if we wanted to do so. We both said poems and Bible verses. Wayne added many Bible verses that we didn't say. Wayne said the traditional "Do you Odette Belle Diana Molyneux take this man Christopher Allen Ryan Raposo to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, in sickness and health, to love, honor and obey, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto him for as long as you both shall live?" I didn't hesitate at all.

"Always."

Chris's eyes grew big and then the humor shown in them. Wayne himself had humorous tone to him as he continued to Chris. 

"Do you Christopher Allen Ryan Raposo take this woman Odette Belle Diana Molyneux to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, in sickness and in heath, in good times and woe, for richer or poorer, keeping yourself solely unto her for as long as you both shall live?"

"Always."

"If there be anyone present who may show just and lawful cause why this couple may not be legally wed, let him speak now or forever hold his peace."

We exchanged rings saying, " With this ring, I give you my heart, I promise from this day forward, you shall not walk alone, may my heart be your shelter, and my arms be your home."

Then Wayne and Chris exchanged a look.

The next thing that happened shocked me to the very inside of me.

Wayne took out a wand and told Chris to take my right hand. We held hands while looking into each other's eyes. He tapped the wand on our joined hands.

"To Odette, these are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and vibrant
with love, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as he promises
to love you all the days of his life.

These are the hands that will work along side yours, as together you
build your future, as you laugh and cry, as you share your innermost
secrets and dreams.

These are the hands you will place with expectant joy against your
stomach, until he too, feels his child stir within you.

These are the hands that look so large and strong, yet will be so
gentle as he holds your baby for the first time.

These are the hands that will work long hours for you and your new family 

These are that hands that will passionately love you and cherish you
through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your
eyes: tears of sorrow and tears of joy

These are the hands that will comfort you in illness, and hold you
when fear or grief wrack your mind.

These are the hands that will tenderly lift your chin and brush your
cheek as they raise your face to look into his eyes: eyes that are
filled completely with his overwhelming love and desire for you."

"And to Chris these are the hands of your
best friend, smooth, young and carefree, that are holding yours on
your wedding day, as she pledges her love and commitment to you all
the days of her life.

These are the hands that will hold each child in tender love, soothing
them through illness and hurt, supporting and encouraging them along
the way, and knowing when it is time to let go

These are the hands that will massage tension from you neck and back
in the evenings after you've both had a long hard day.

These are the hands that will hold you tight as you struggle through
difficult times

These are the hands that will comfort you when you are sick, or
console you when you are grieving.

They are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you
through the years, for a lifetime of happiness.

These are the hands that will hold you in joy and excitement and hope,
each time she tells you that you are to have another child, that
together you have created a new life.

These are the hands that will give you support as she encourages you
to chase down your dreams. Together as a team, everything you wish for
can be realized."

"Will you both hold cherish the hands that are holding during the storms of stress and the dark of disillusionment and be sure that God blesses these hands Keep them tender and gentle as they nurture each other in their wondrous love. Saying Always is making the unbreakable vow."

We both said in an unison, "Always." And gold sparks went up behind Wayne. 

"You may kiss your bride and update your Facebook."

Chris dipped me backwards as Westlife's version of "Ain't that Kick in the Head" started playing. 

So Snape married his Lily with an Unbreakable Vow. Now maybe some of you will understand why Chris was so upset the other night. 

Now we are still having our big wedding celebration in October. So there will be another wedding day post! 



No comments: