Saturday, March 29, 2014

Day 1: My Relationship Status

To Chris who has my heart:

I always see myself as a superwoman; the one who is able to knock down all obstacles on her way to get what she wants for her career and personal life. This was the attitude I brought with me when I threw myself into our relationship. I found the solution for each difficulty between us, to bring us closer. I drowned myself in the feeling of loving you and immersed in the fantasy that finally I found my soul mate, my friend, my love of life. Why I know you are, I can’t explain, I just had an urge to scream out loud to the world: “THIS IS HIM!” and for the first time of my life, you are the person I dare to against the world to be with.For the first time, love just comes naturally without my acknowledgement. For the first time, I don’t have to pretend to be someone else but myself to care about.

To the rest of the world:

I do need your approval of my relationship. Chris cares about my happiness, health, and emotions more than most guys car about their cars or stupid Xboxes. I make sure he doesn't explode with stress, keep him grounded down to earth, and give him the love he deserves and needs. We have been engaged a year and 3 months now. We have overcome obstacles that some people don't go through until 20 years into a marriage. I trust Chris with everything I have. Chris has never once lied to me, withheld information? Yes. But lied, never. We have God first and that's the foundation of our relationship. I will always love and cherish him.


No comments: