Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent: Hope: Tuesday

"Philip said, 'Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.' Jesus answered: 'Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you for such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father"? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of thee miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything my name, and I will do it." - John 14: 8-14
The New Testament has many examples of Christ's wondrous miracles. He healed the sick, raised the dead, and fed thousands, yet He tells us that we can go on to even greater deeds through His Spirit. Ask God how He wants to use you this Christmas. Maybe you will feed the homeless in your community, clothe the poor, or bring comfort to sick and lonely. If you ask for His guidance, He will work through you and direct your path. Even the smallest act of grace can change a life, a community, and even the world.

The hope we have as Christians is not only that we have Christ living in us, but also that we have Him working through us. Hope teaches us to have faith in Christ and to do things He leads us to do. Acting under the power of Christ will produce amazing results.

Dear Lord, Please show us how you would have us serve others this Christmas season, and empower us as Your vessels that, by serving others, we may bring You glory. We thank You and praise You ask these things in Your Son's name. Amen

No comments: