Friday, December 7, 2012

Advent: Hope: Friday

"'All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father  will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.'" - John 14:25-27
As Christians we are not immune to trials and hard times (even though many think we are or seem to think that we act like we are), but when we are burdened and afraid we have hope in the Lord and comfort from the Holy Spirit. When our external lives are full of turmoil, we tend to spend more time on our knees in prayer, this leads to greater dependency on God. And though God does not cause bad things to happen to us. He sometimes allow them so we will have the opportunity to grow closure to Him and to trust Him more. Release your troubled heart to the Lord. He will give you peace. He will teach you to abide in Him and share in a peaceful communion that is true and lasting. He has promised and has said " Never will I leave you never will I forsake you" Hebrew 14:5. Hope and know that internally within our very souls, we can always find peace with the Lord.

Dear Jesus,
We turn over our troubled hearts and burdens to You this day and receive Your hope and peace. In the precious name of Jesus we pray, Amen.

No comments: